Wisconsin was once the Nation’s leader in industrial hemp production but after nearly a century of prohibition our farmers are left to start from scratch, a step behind at that. When it comes to production and processing, Wisconsin is playing catch up; turning to other States for education and resources.
We believe Wisconsin farmers can reclaim the Nation’s Hemp industry once again.
We’re helping Wisconsin regain control of the Country’s hemp production by offering free education and networking from farm to shelf. It starts with us getting our hands dirty… with you, on your farm! To ensure you yield the best crop possible.
MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE NOW!
Annual membership: $500
When you become a member:
- You will receive a “Getting Started” basic educational packet.
- An association representative will contact you to answer any questions you might have and help you on your way toward successful hemp production.
- You will receive discounts and perks through partner networks.
- You will have access to our farmer/grower networks.
- Your farm will receive features on our social media pages.
- You will receive the Association newsletter, emailed monthly.
- You will have the opportunity to run for a seat on the subcommittee.
- You will receive a list of preferred processors post-harvest.
- The association will provide you with access to banking, insurance, e-commerce, and testing.
- You will have access to the WIHFMA lobbyist.
+ more benefits and perks to come!
Here are the facts:
- 15 States began growing hemp under the agricultural pilot program in 2016 with a total of 9,770 acres.
- We saw a 160% increase in farming acreage in 2017 with only 4 states added to the pilot program.
- Wisconsin was 1 of 20 States added to the program in 2018, totaling 39 hemp-producing states. Putting us at the middle of the pack of a growing industry.
With how things are set up now, Wisconsin manufacturers are sourcing hemp from out of State while Wisconsin farmers are struggling to get started.
It is our top priority to provide free education and networking to our members and to advocate for reform on their behalf.
Once you have submitted your responses, you will be redirected to our donation page to make your $500 membership donation.